Module based updates
For the Chat client milestone, a version of
XULRunner will be
included. This dependency is 10 MB in size and it is not desirable
to install this dependency with every update.
Because of this, the Module based updates milestone will introduce a
new automatic update system. This system has two main goals:
- Enable the application to be split up into different modules which can be downloaded and updated separately;
- A more robust interface supporting resuming of downloads and progress feedback.
|| In progress
- Implement module based updates;
- Update the website to report the versions of multiple modules;
- Provide an intermediate update application to migrate installations to the new module system;
- Implement an interface over the automatic update system;
- Allow updates to resume on failure (currently, they fail and restart at the next update check).