The Google Wave Notifier is under development. Read below what changes have been made
over the last few versions.
- Fixed several unexpected crashes as reported through the Crash Reporter. Special thanks to everybody who reported such a crash.
- Made some small adjustments to be able to continue to log on to Google Wave.
- Upgraded cURL;
- Expanded Chrome detection;
- Solved problems with verification of Google Wave responses.
- Integrated changes to the Google Wave client-server protocol;
- Implemented gracefully sign out of Google Wave when the user logs off;
- Implemented crash detection;
- Solved random crashes because of unexpected Google Wave responses.
- Fixed problem with the rebuild internet communication;
- Fixed a problem with non-English Windows installations;
- Fixed the link to the website.
- Implemented online and offline notification of users in the contact list;
- Moved the manual online;
- Improved detection of installed browsers;
- Rebuild internet communication so that all web requests are done in the background;
- Increased timeouts for internet communication allowing clients with slow internet connections to correctly download the latest version.
- Fixed a problem with the automatic update process.
- Implemented browser selection;
- Implemented an option to play a sound when a new wave comes in;
- Fixed a problem where the notification tray icon did not reappear after explorer crashed and restarted.
- Implemented real-time Google Wave protocol allowing for immediate notifications of new and changed Waves;
- Implemented automatic updates;
- Added a manual on all features of the Google Wave Notifier.
- Solved a problem where no notifications appear when a wave contains a backslash.
- Released a native Windows version of the Google Wave Notifier which does not require the .Net dependency. The new version runs on any Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 system;
- Updated and modernized the user interface. See the screenshots on the Google Wave Notifier website at http://wave-notify.sourceforge.net/;
- Added a flyout panel for easy access to your last five unread waves;
- Updated the notification icons. The gray icon now means "offline"; the colored icon means "no unread waves" and a new icon with an inbox overlay means there are unread waves.
- Initial feature complete release.